That is a photo of William recreating a Forrest Gump scene at Monument Valley.
William Wallace. Yes, like Brave Heart.
This page is dedicated to what you may already know about William as well as a few things you may not know about him.
William likes adventures, or high adventure as his Boy Scout troop refers to such things. He hikes, rides motorcycles, drives tahoes, flys planes, sails boats, takes photos and films videos all around North America. William has no full-time job, but is currently working on getting his commercial pilot’s license and is an online student at Liberty University.
He has big plans for 2020, with a motorcycle trip charted to the northernmost drivable point in North America, and flying himself to Iceland… just to name a couple ventures. William also dabbles in a few other things relating to technology and cybersecurity.
William’s top adventures:
- getting his pilot’s license and continually adding ratings
- driving 8,000 miles across America, up into Canada and back with 3 friends and 3 motorcycles
- getting his Blue Tahoe stuck at Land Between the Lakes – with no cell service (who takes a 2-wheel-drive Tahoe off roading!)
- backpacking 100 miles across New Mexico on two separate occasions
- sailing the Florida Keyes over 4 days
- making the pilgrimage to the William Wallace monument in Stirling Scotland
- the SACS Jazz Band world tour
- getting drawn & quartered in the streets of London… (wait, wrong Wallace.)
Here are a few lesser known fun facts about William:
- Cars he has driven (as of 2017)
- His 2009 Hybrid Tahoe experienced Hybrid issues in 2017. No chevy dealers knew how to fix the problem due to the Hybrid Tahoe’s rarity so William emailed the chief engineer for General Motor’s hybrid division directly. He then proceeded to fix it himself using the valuable intelligence leaked. Ever since then William has identified himself as a self proclaimed GM engineer. Problem solved… for now.
- He met one of his role models, the most interesting man in the world, during a launch event for Takis at a jewish synagogue. Jonathan Goldsmith– the actor in the older Dos Equis commercials.
- He once hit the speed limiter in a Tesla while driving through a school zone with the set director for Seinfeld in the passenger seat.
- William was given a conference table from Boeing. He picked it up from their Everett Washington assembly plant and while doing so got to drive the Hybrid Tahoe along the assembly line in close proximity to brand new 777x’s.
- He holds the only known ground-travel time record between San Antonio and Nashville @ 11hrs 9min 49.02 seconds. (Not to be confused with the ground speed record set by John Harlan.)
- William has never broken a bone or caught the flu.
- William hates writing about himself in 3rd person but that’ll do pig.
Countries William has set foot in (not including layovers) (8/195):
- The Netherlands
States William has set foot in (not including layovers) (28/50):
- New Mexico
- South Dakota
- New York
- New Jersey
- Rhode Island