That is a photo of William recreating a Forrest Gump scene at Monument Valley.
William Wallace. Yes, like Brave Heart.
This page is dedicated to what you may already know about William as well as a few things you may not know about him.
William likes adventures, or high adventure as his Boy Scout troop refers to such things. He hikes, rides motorcycles, drives tahoes, flys planes, sails boats, takes photos and films videos all around North America. William is currently working on getting his commercial pilot’s license and is an online student at Liberty University.
He has big plans for 2020, with a motorcycle trip charted to the northernmost drivable point in North America. William also dabbles in a few other things relating to technology and cybersecurity.
William’s top adventures:
- getting his pilot’s license and continually adding ratings
- driving 8,000 miles across America, up into Canada and back with 3 friends and 3 motorcycles
- riding his motorcycle from Seattle up into British Columbia and back using mostly dirt roads
- getting his Blue Tahoe stuck at Land Between the Lakes – with no cell service (lesson learned: no solo 2-wheel-drive Tahoe off roading)
- backpacking 100’s of miles across New Mexico on various occasions
- sailing the Florida Keyes over 4 days on a 75ft schooner
- making the pilgrimage to the William Wallace monument in Stirling Scotland
- the SACS Jazz Band world tour
- getting drawn & quartered in the streets of London… (wait, wrong Wallace.)
Here are a few lesser known fun facts about William:
- Vehicles he has operated (as of 2020)
- His 2009 Hybrid Tahoe experienced Hybrid related issues in 2017. No chevy dealers knew how to fix the problem due to the Hybrid Tahoe’s rarity so William emailed the chief engineer for General Motor’s hybrid division directly. He then proceeded to fix it himself using the valuable intelligence leaked. Ever since then William has identified himself as a self proclaimed GM engineer. Problem solved… for now.
- He met one of his role models, the most interesting man in the world, during a launch event for Takis at a jewish synagogue. Jonathan Goldsmith– the actor in the older Dos Equis commercials.
- He sat down in Seattle with the man responsible for Times New Roman and Comic Sands – Greg Hitchcock. They talked about font designs, what their favorite fonts were, and developing a new font easily readable for kids with special needs and/or dyslexia.
- William is thankful for his friends in high places @ Microsoft.
- He once hit the speed limiter in a Tesla while driving through a school zone with the set director for Seinfeld (Thomas Azzari) in the passenger seat.
- William was given a conference table from Boeing. He picked it up from their Everett Washington assembly plant and while doing so got to drive the Hybrid Tahoe along the assembly line in close proximity to brand new 777x’s.
- He holds the only known ground-travel time record between San Antonio and Nashville @ 11hrs 9min 49.02 seconds. (Not to be confused with the ground speed record set by John Harlan.)
- William and his friends worked as white-hat hackers.
- William has never broken a bone or caught the flu.
- William hates writing about himself in 3rd person but that’ll do pig.
Countries William has set foot in (not including layovers) (8/195):
- The Netherlands
States William has set foot in (not including layovers) (28/50):
- New Mexico
- South Dakota
- New York
- New Jersey
- Rhode Island